27 Aug Channel Letters | How To Order Your New Sign
For many people, ordering a channel letter sign can seem like a daunting task. At San Jose Signs, we’ve simplified the process to help make your decision much easier. Streamlining the channel letters ordering process has allowed our clients to make educated choices for which type of sign works best at the right price.
We currently offer two ways to begin the process:
1) Design & Quote. This option is for those who do not quite know how they want their sign to appear, so we provide a design for a small fee. That fee will then get applied to the actual order when the client has approved the design and paid the deposit for the order.
2) Quote & Build. This option is for those who either have a logo or typeset that they want to use and know exactly how they want their sign to appear. This option is the quickest method to the permit stage (explained below).
The process of ordering can seem confusing to some. Here’s a list in order of how the process breaks down and an estimate of time for a standard channel letter order to be fabricated and installed.
- Site Survey – Measure, photograph, and collect general information about site.
- Create in-house mock-up based on client provided materials for our estimator.
- Following estimate approval, we collect 50% deposit.
- Collect documents from property owner (site plan, etc)
- Create City Permit Drawing Package.
- Send drawing package and permit application to property owner for approval.
- Send permit technician to city to pull permits for the sign.
- Begin material ordering and fabrication of sign.
- Install sign.
- Contact inspector for final sign-off.
That’s it. Typically a channel letter project can take between 2-3 weeks to complete, depending on how quickly we can receive the materials back from the property owner and if there are no changes made by the city on the drawing package.
Even though the channel letters have leds for illumination, lot of people still refer to them as neon signs. Neon tubing is no longer used for channel letters.
If you are interested in receiving a quote for a channel letter sign, please contact us using our website or by calling us. We are open Monday – Thursday 9:00am to 5:00pm and Friday from 9:00am to 4:00pm. We look forward to providing you with outstanding service and an amazing sign!